Monday, April 4, 2011

The Great Old Ones?



Okay, you'll remember that a little while back some skell in McDonald's pushed his crazy religious literature on me and was just oozing to tell me about "the great old ones."


I ran into the creep again yesterday at my favorite diner. He cornered me near the men's room and started proselytizing again about Dreaming Cthulhu and Dagon, Azathoth and Nyarlathotep. He was very insistent, and I admit, the idea of casually pulling back my jacket to display the butt of my Glock did cross my mind...


But he finally passed me a slip of paper with a YouTube URL before slipping out through the kitchen.


I looked it up last night and this is what I found.


That's when I made the connection! I thought the Necronomicon sounded familiar. My college library was supposed to have a copy. You'd think I'd recognize it right away, but you have to remember that college was awhile ago for me. At the time, I was more interested in my beer pong score and chasing tail. I never did spend much time in the library. The only reason I remembered Herbert West's story was from a Halloween story-telling session one semester and the fact it intersected with my current line of work.


So I started looking stuff up about the Great Old Ones. Jeez. Unknowable and unameable; I just hope they aren't unkillable. One more thing to prepare for. Anyone know a good source for recoilless rifles?

No comments:

Post a Comment