Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Television: The Walking Dead



Generally, I don't find fictional stories about zombies entertaining.


Nor do I understand why anyone would kick back to relax by watching something about zombies.


The zombie threat is real and it is serious. For me, it is literally serious business.


But AMC recently completed a fine series entitled, The Walking Dead about a full-scale zombiggeddon. I'd recommend it, but I didn't see much of it. I got to the opening credits and started having flashbacks involving teddy bears. I turned the boob-tube off and went to practice my speed reloads. Never turned it on again.


I probably wouldn't even mention it except for this odd juxtaposition in a photograph that appeared in my in-box.



Some genius in the United Kingdom rented advertising space for The Walking Dead on a billboard adjacent to a funeral home. Brilliant advertising... But for whom?


No comments:

Post a Comment